Class 5 information
A huge welcome from me, Miss Parsons, to class 5. I’m looking forward to a fun year learning new and exciting topics with you as well as supporting you in your learning journey.
A few reminders:
- PE will be on Tuesday with the sports coach and Friday with me, so please ensure that PE kit in school for these days.
- Homework will be set online on Friday and needs to be submitted by the following Wednesday, unless I set a project and extra time will be given for this.
- Spellings: each 2 weeks the children will have a focused spelling rule that we explore. At the end of each unit, the children will be given 6 words to spell and I will be checking their ability to apply the learnt spelling rule. Each day the children will bring home their spelling log with words that they have spelt incorrectly during these sessions, or during our class work. The children need to practice these words, paying particular attention to ensure root word is spelt correctly, and the spelling rule is applied.
- Reading: I ask the children read every day for 15/20 minutes and a record of this needs to be kept in their reading diary. Is it important that the children build up reading stamina and speed during this year.
- Keep an eye on our class page for what we have been up to in class.