For the children who were in school this Friday, you will now have been given your number/letter formation wipeable mat and whiteboard pen.
- Practice j,u and y on your handwriting mat, following the letter formation rhymes. Remember, these letters start at the top and go down.
- Practice the phonics sounds- ow (cow), oi (coin) and er (herd), by reading, writing and saying them and then play buried treasure by choosing Phase 3 and then words containing ow/oi/er. Segment and blend the words to read them, then choose whether they are real or fake. https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/resources/phase/2/buried-treasure
- Read your home reading book 4 times.
- Practice reading and spelling tricky words: the and to
- To read their home reading book 4 times per week.
- To do up to 5 minutes of handwriting practice daily, with the letters for this week: j, u and y. Remember, these letters start at the top and go down. Practice the same 3 letters over the course of the week.
- To learn these 5 common exception words: where, said, then, her, she (Due to absences this week, we will test last week’s spellings on Monday 21st March)
- To play the phonics game buried treasure. Select Phase 5 and then words containing the split digraphs a_e, o_e and e_e. Segment and blend the words to read them, then choose whether they are real or fake. https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/resources/phase/2/buried-treasure
Any problems, see me on Monday. I hope all of those who have been ill this week, begin to feel better over the weekend and hopefully I will see you on Monday.