I understand that this time of year for our year 6 children can be quite a stressful and worrying time. With SATs and the transition to secondary school, it can be overwhelming and normal for children to experience anxiety about changes happening in their lives. I therefore wanted to signpost parents to the ‘Kooth’ charity.
Kooth provides a safe, secure means of accessing help via the internet. By accessing Kooth children aged 11 and above can benefit from:
- A free, confidential, anonymous and safe way to receive support online.
- Out of hours’ availability. Counsellors are available online from 12noon to 10pm on weekdays and 6pm to 10 pm at weekends, every day of the year on a drop in basis.
- Online Counselling from a professional team of BACP qualified counsellors is available via 1-1 chat sessions or messaging on a drop in basis or via booked sessions.
- Discussion Boards which are all pre-moderated, allow young people to access peer to peer support.
- Online Magazine full of moderated articles many of which are submitted by young people offering advice and guidance on a huge range of topics.
- No referral is required.
- Young people can register for kooth independently at www.kooth.com
If you would like to learn more about ‘Kooth’, watch the introductory video or email me via the school office.
I hope you find it useful.