Welcome back to a new school year! The children have had a great first few days and seemed to settle really well into what will hopefully be a really fun year.
Below are just a few reminders and some information you might find useful, although if you are unsure of anything, please don’t hesitate to ask!
- Currently fruit is not being delivered to school for the children’s free school snack. Please send your child into school with a healthy snack i.e. piece of fruit, raisins, vegetables,if you wish for them to have a snack at break time.
- Make sure you send your child in with a labelled water bottle. As a healthy school, we only permit water to be drank in school. Any fizzy pop or juice will unfortunately be tipped away and replaced with water.
- Your child needs to leave a PE kit in school. Due to social distancing all PE will take place outdoors. As the weather cools, it is wise to add a hoodie and tracksuit bottoms to their PE kit.
- Your child needs a book bag where they can keep their reading book and reading log safe. Unfortunately we aren’t providing clear plastic book bags this year. Inquire about purchasing a blue school book bag at the school office.
- Please make sure that your child’s clothes are labelled with their name. This includes pants, shoes, polo shirts, shorts, trousers, dresses, jumpers and cardigans. It makes it so much easier for us to reunite children with lost clothing when they are clearly labelled with their name, especially after PE sessions.
- If you haven’t already, please send your child in with a pair of labelled wellies.We will keep these in school to be used on the field at lunch time.
- Can I ask that items brought into school are kept to a minimum.We have a small and crowded cloakroom area and bulky bags and rucksacks make it difficult for the children to access their coat on their peg. All your child needs is a water bottle, book bag and lunch box if they are having a packed lunch.
I hope this has cleared up a few questions. Have a lovely and restful weekend!