We are very proud of the smart appearance of the children at Crudgington School. Details of our full school uniform are as follows:
School Uniform Specifications
- Children should wear sweatshirts or cardigans in royal blue bearing the school badge.
- White polo shirts should be worn beneath the sweatshirts or cardigans and we encourage these to be shirts with the school badge.
- Children should wear grey trousers, shorts, skirts or pinafores with these.
- In the summer, cotton dresses in the school colour may be worn and polo shirts can be worn without sweatshirts or cardigans.
- Trainers are not to be worn as part of school uniform.
- Sensible shoes, not boots, are to be worn. These should be dark coloured, have flat soles and should be a waterproof material.
- Jewellery should not be worn other than watches and stud earrings. This jewellery is the responsibility of the children to look after.
- No make-up should be worn by children in school.
- Long hair should be tied back.
Clothes for PE
- For PE children should have; a blue polo shirt, preferably with the school badge so they can wear this when representing the school, blue shorts, a change of socks, pumps and trainers for outdoor P.E.
- During the winter (from October half-term to the end of the spring term), a tea cksuit may also be worn.
- No jewellery is to be worn in P.E. A pupil can wear plasters over stud earrings for the first six weeks after having their ears pierced (therefore, we would advise arranging this for a holiday period to reduce the need for this in term time).
- For swimming, children will need an appropriate kit for girls this will be a one piece swimming costume, for boys shorts or trunks but the shorts should not be too baggy to impede swimming. Goggles would also be very useful. Children will need a towel and should have a bag to keep wet kit separate from dry.
- A change of footwear should be provided through the winter (from October half-term to the end of the spring term) for lunchtimes so pupils can have access to the playing field.
Parents are to inform the school in writing if they are not able to comply with the uniform policy for any reason. For example, there may be a valid medical reason why a child has to wear alternative footwear to that in the policy.
The Headteacher will determine if this is a valid reason and will respond in writing. The expectation will be for the child to return to being in full uniform as soon as possible.
School uniform is available from Bakers Schoolwear shop in Wellington town centre.
They are open 09.00-17.00 each day Monday to Saturday.
If you add the code ‘crudgington’ to the order – deliveries can be sent for free to school – these are delivered on a weekly basis