At Crudgington Primary School we aim to:
- Ensure progress of writing skills across school.
- Achieve independent writing of a high quality.
- Model high standard writing to secure high expectations and inspire writers.
- Provide meaningful writing experiences using the contexts inspired by quality texts.
- To ensure that pupils write clearly, legibly and accurately with attention to punctuation, spelling and grammar.
- Help pupils develop the skills to improve their writing through revising and editing their own work.
- Help every child become confident and competent in the use of writing as a form of communication.
- Enable pupils to make judgments about the tone, style, format and vocabulary appropriate to the writing’s purpose, audience and genre.