We strive to teach Design & Technology within contexts which are meaningful and engaging to all learners. We challenge all children to reach their potential. We meet the needs of SEN children by providing targeted focussed support. We meet the needs of our More Able learners by providing focussed activities which challenge them to broaden, enrich, deepen and accelerate their learning.
We aim to:
• Help children develop a curiosity and interest in the world and be prepared for the range of technologies operational in society;
• Create an interest and enthusiasm for designing and making for children of all abilities and provide opportunities for all children to design and make products;
• Provide a range of activities to develop the children’s capability and confidence in their own ideas;
• Teach pupils to combine practical skills with an understanding of aesthetics, social and environmental issues, function and industrial practices;
• Develop children’s confidence and skill in using and selecting a range of tools and materials safely and competently;
• Teach pupils to reflect on and evaluate present and past design technology, its uses and effects;
• Teach pupils to become innovators and informed users of products.
|The D&T National Curriculum||D&T National Curriculum|
|Intent, Implementation & Impact||Design & Technology I,I&I|
|SMSC in D&T||Design-Technology-SMSC|
|D&T Learning Journey||Learning Journey Crudgington D&T|
|Long Term Plan||Design & Technology Long Term Plan|
|Progression of Skills||Design & Technology Progression of Skills|
|Subject Policy||Design & Technology Policy|