Welcome to class 4
A huge warm welcome, from me, Mrs Turner, to class 4. I’m really looking forward to the awesome learning experiences we will have this year through our exciting topics and supporting you in your learning journey through year 4 and 5.
A few reminders.
- PE is on Tuesday with our sports coach and Friday with me. Please ensure that your PE kit is in school for both these days. .
- Homework is set every Friday, using Purple Mash, and is due to be ‘handed in’ the following Wednesday. Children have their Purple Mash login ID, along with the unique parent code, in their reading diaries. Please use the parent code to view and comment on your child’s learning. During the year, I may set additional project based homework, which can be accessed through our class 4 page.
- Spellings- each week, the children have a focussed spelling pattern or rule to explore. Each Monday, children will be given 6 words to spell, and during the week, their ability to spell and apply the words will be checked.
- Reading- I ask that all children read for at least 15/20 minutes daily and that this is recorded in the yellow reading diary with an accompanying comment written by the parent or carer. In the reading diaries, there is a list of VIPERS questions to help support your child’s reading development and progress. Reading diaries and reading books need to be in school daily, and reading at home is monitored in class. I can not stress enough, as a teacher and parent, the importance of reading at home both to your child and with your child. This helps to develop fluency, stamina, comprehension and vocabulary and stimulates creative thinking.
- Times Tables- we will, once again, be using Times Tables Rock Stars to develop speed, fluency and accuracy in multiplication. Please support your child, by encouraging them to learn their times tables upto 12×12.
- Water bottles- Please make sure your child has access to a named water bottle in school everyday, they are able to refill their bottle during the day using the water chillers.
Remember to keep an eye on our class pages for updates on our learning.
Mrs J Turner